Decadent Raw Vegan Salted Caramel PuddingApril 21, 2017
Raw Candy Cane Beet Ravioli with Ricotta FillingApril 27, 2017
What do you do when you have overripe bananas? Why you make banana bread, of course! This is no ordinary Banana Bread though. It’s Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Bread that also happens to be vegan and refined sugar free. I’ve been experimenting more with gluten free flours and coconut flour is one that I adore. Coconut flour is made from pure, white coconut meat. Nothing else. The major benefits of using coconut flour is that it’s a fiber-rich and protein-rich flour, making it an excellent, healthy alternative to wheat and other grains. 1/2 cup has 23 grams of fiber and 12 grams of protein total. I recommend using Anita’s Organic Mill Unsweetened Coconut Flour. Since coconut flour absorbs more water than other flours and is quite dense, I only use 1/2 cup coconut flour in this recipe and use 1 cup of an all purpose gluten free blend. Spread vegan butter, coconut oil and/or peanut butter on top of the bread to make it extra delicious. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Bread
This Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana bread is an absolutely delicious treat that's made with coconut flour and all purpose gluten free flour. It's also vegan and refined sugar free. You will need a 9x5-inch loaf pan to make this recipe
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp ground vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas
- Stir in wet ingredients (peanut butter, coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla) as well as flaxseed until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients (coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt) until thoroughly combined.
- Add the dough to the loaf pan and spread evenly. Add additional toppings on top of the banana bread at this point, if desired, such as chopped walnuts or sliced banana.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm and golden brown on top.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve the loaf as is or with vegan butter, coconut oil and/or peanut butter. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 - 4 days or freeze for longer storage.