Launch EventJanuary 28, 2015
Lemon Kale ChipsFebruary 10, 2015
It’s FriYAY! Time to indulge and I’ve got the perfect treat for you – chocolate hazelnut butter that is 100% raw and vegan. This recipe is also quick and easy to follow and only has a few simple ingredients. It pairs well with toast, fresh berries and bananas, or eat it simply by the spoonful. You’ll need a food processor or high speed blender to make this recipe. Makes 2 cups.
Equipment needed: food processor
- 2 cups hazelnuts (I soaked them in water overnight - you don't have to but I'll get into the importance of soaking nuts in a future blog post)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 - 1 cup almond milk (or other nut milk of your choice)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup natural sweetener (agave, maple syrup, or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cacao nibs to garnish
- Add hazelnuts to food processor or high speed blender and blend until you make a hazelnut butter. It should start to stick to the sides - be sure to stop and scrape down the sides. This process should take about 10 mins.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth. You should end up with a nice creamy spread. Taste test and add any additional ingredients to your liking - maybe you want it a bit sweeter, so add more sweetener or cacao powder. If you'd like it a bit fluffier, add more almond milk.
- Fill a glass jar, top with cacao nibs and refrigerate. Enjoy the raw deliciousness!