Raw Vegan Wild Blueberry CheesecakeAugust 4, 2016
Cauliflower Tacos with Chili TahiniAugust 19, 2016
Peaches. Does it get any better? When peaches are in season, it’s the most delightful time of year. I eat peaches in everything from breakfast bowls, salads, salsa and desserts, of course! Peaches offer a natural way to add immense sweetness into your life. If you’re curious about the health benefits of peaches, you’ll be happy to hear that peaches have a range of nutrients, including vitamin A (to support your vision), vitamin C (to support immunity), and potassium (to support healthy blood pressure levels). If you had a chance to check out my wild blueberry cheesecake recipe, this recipe is quite similar but instead of creating a top fruit layer, I’ve incorporated the peaches directly in the main layer of the cake. I hope you enjoy it and I’d love to hear your feedback when you get the chance. Happy (un)baking!
Peaches 'n Cream Cake
A delicious raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free seasonal cake. Recipe uses a 6" spring-form pan and a food processor fitted with an S-blade.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Couple pinches of pink himalayan salt
- 1 cup cashews (recommended to be soaked 1/2 hour - 2 hours for easier blending)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other nut milk of your choice or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or other natural sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 peaches, pitted (plus 1 additional peach for garnishing)
- First pulse the almonds in your food processor until finely ground. Add remaining ingredients and process until the crust ingredients are completely combined. Press the crust mixture into a 6" spring-form pan and set aside in the freezer while you get started on the next layer.
- Process all peaches 'n cream layer ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Make sure that the nuts are completely blended. This will take at least 1 - 2 minutes to process. Once blended, add this layer on top of the crust and freeze for 5 hours or until set and ready to serve. Garnish the top of the cake with sliced peaches. Enjoy!
- This cake is best consumed after being out of the freezer for 20 - 30 minutes. It will be a bit icy in texture.