Warm and Spicy Cauliflower Soup with LeeksJanuary 10, 2017
Super Spirulina Iron-Rich Smoothie BowlJanuary 13, 2017
It was so great to hear that people enjoyed my Peanut Pad Thai Salad with Rice Noodles recipe that I created for Chefs Plate this week! In case you didn’t get a chance to try it, here’s the recipe. It’s plant-based, dairy-free, gluten-free and spicy. Stay tuned for more of my recipes to be featured on Chefs Plate soon. If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear what you think!
Peanut Pad Thai Salad with Rice Noodles
A plant-based take on classic pad thai with carrots, yellow pepper and rice noodles.
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Thinly slice the yellow bell pepper. Peel the carrots and run the vegetable peeler down the length of the carrots to shave off long ribbons. Thinly slice the green onions. Pick the cilantro leaves. Quarter the lime.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the rice noodles. Cook for 6 min or until tender but firm to the bite.
- Strain and rinse the noodles with warm water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the peanut butter, tamari, ginger, juice from half the lime, 2 tbsp warm water, 1 tbsp olive oil and the cayenne pepper (add less cayenne pepper for a milder dish).
- In a large bowl, add the cooked rice noodles, yellow bell pepper, carrots and green onions. Toss to combine.
- Add the pad thai dressing and toss well to coat.
- Plate the Peanut Pad Thai. Top with hemp hearts, cilantro and remaining lime wedges. Enjoy!
- To make this a raw dish, use kelp noodles instead of rice noodles.