Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream CakeApril 6, 2017
Mango, Berry and Spirulina Pastel SmoothiesApril 13, 2017
These Rainbow Carrot Black Rice Noodle Bowls are a completely satisfying spring dish that will have you eating all the colours of the rainbow. Switch up regular soba noodles for gluten free black rice noodles, which have a nutty flavour and are rich in minerals and fiber. I buy my black rice noodles from the brand King Soba Noodle Culture. You’ll serve the noodles with ribbons of rainbow carrots in red, orange and yellow, as well as peas and hemp seeds. Toss the noodles in the creamy Ginger Tahini Sauce and serve with an additional source of protein or simply enjoy as is!
Rainbow Carrot Black Rice Noodle Bowls
A satisfying gluten free noodle bowl. Make it a complete meal by adding your favourite source of protein.
- 125g black soba noodles
- 3 rainbow carrots (orange, yellow, red), peeled into ribbons
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed, or fresh peas
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 limes, sliced
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp raw tahini
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp virgin sesame oil
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add noodles slowly until submerged.
- Bring back to the boil and then reduce to medium heat.
- Cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles in a colander and then refresh with cold water.
- Set the noodles aside in a large bowl.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into ribbons.
- Cook the frozen peas in boiling water for 2 - 3 minutes (if using frozen). Drain and rinse.
- Add the carrots and peas to the bowl with the noodles.
- Add the sauce to the noodles and veggies and mix well.
- Garnish with hemp seeds, a pinch of pink Himalayan salt and sliced lime.
- Serve the bowls right away or add an additional source of protein to make it a complete meal. Enjoy!