Fermented Coconut and Cashew YogurtMarch 23, 2017
Peppermint Pudding with Cacao CrumbleMarch 29, 2017
Spring is here and I’m starting to use lots more fresh mint, cilantro and lime juice in my kitchen. This Ultimate Slaw with Mint Tahini Dressing will surely put a spring in your step this season. In this recipe, you’ll finely shred red cabbage, green cabbage, and carrots. While you can shred the vegetables using a mandolin or box grater, I love using the “fine shredder” blade in my Breville Sous Chef 12 Plus food processor. Wow, does it ever save time! I’m all about using time saving tactics in the kitchen, so if you’re in the market for a new food processor, I highly recommend this Breville model. It’s the tool I use most in the kitchen and consider it my baby. Another amazing option for finely shredding vegetables is the Borner Powerline grater. It’s cost effective, easy to use, and shreds vegetables into beautiful, fine strips. You don’t necessarily need to add the quinoa in this recipe but I find that it will keep you full longer if you’re eating this as a main. Pair the vegetables with the smooth, creamy and fresh Mint Tahini Dressing. Enjoy!
Ultimate Slaw with Mint Tahini Dressing
A delicious, vibrant and healthy slaw that's full of fresh flavour. You will need a blender and box grater or mandolin for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 cups lacinato/tuscan kale, chopped
- 4 carrots, finely shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh chopped cilantro to garnish
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Juice from 3 limes
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar or other natural sweetener
- 1/2 cup water, or more as needed
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Cook the quinoa.
- Chop the kale. Finely shred the carrots and cabbage using a box grater, mandolin or in a food processor (using the "fine shredder" blade). Cut the bell pepper into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, vegetables, olive oil and salt. Mix well.
- In a blender, blend dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Toss the slaw with mint tahini dressing until well coated. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!