Raw Lemon Poppy Seed Sunshine CakeMarch 14, 2017
Fermented Pear, Apricot and Cinnamon KvassMarch 20, 2017
These Vegetable Nori Rolls with Cauliflower Rice are a fun way to eat your fiber-rich veggies. If you’ve never tried Cauliflower Rice before, you’re in for a treat. You’ll find that it’s quite simple to make the rice in a food processor but be careful not to over-process the ingredients; otherwise, it won’t resemble rice! You might be wondering, ‘where’s the protein in this recipe?” Well, the secret is, it’s hiding in the rice. Hemp seeds and raw tahini are added to the rice to give the cauliflower a creamy and earthy flavour, in addition to protein. 3 tablespoons of hemp seeds = 10 grams of protein! After spreading the Cauliflower Rice across one side of the nori sheet, you’ll fill the middle of the nori roll with shredded red cabbage, shredded carrots, cucumber matchsticks and sliced avocado. Tightly roll the nori using a sushi rolling mat and ta da! Simply slice the roll into 6-8 pieces and dip into the Spicy Tahini Sauce. Delicious!
Vegetable Nori Rolls with Cauliflower Rice
These Vegetable Nori Rolls with Cauliflower Rice are packed with fresh vegetables, protein-rich Cauliflower Rice and pair well with the Spicy Tahini Sauce included in the recipe. You will need a sushi rolling mat, food processor and high-speed blender to make this recipe. Recipe yields 2 rolls with 6-8 pieces of sushi.
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 3 tbsp raw hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp raw tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp raw sesame oil
- 1 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 2 raw nori sheets
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp raw tahini
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp water, or as needed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Process all cauliflower rice ingredients in a food processor until completely combined.
- Blend all spicy tahini sauce ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Lay out nori sheets on a clean, dry surface.
- Evenly spread the cauliflower rice on the nori sheet.
- Layer the red cabbage, avocado, cucumber and carrots on top of teh cauliflower rice in the middle of the nori sheet.
- Fold the edge of the nori closest to you over the filling. Using a sushi rolling mat, gently roll the nori away from you into a firm wrapped roll.
- To seal the nori roll, wet the inner lining with a little bit of water.
- Repeat above steps to make the second roll.
- Use a sharp knife to carefully slice the nori rolls into 6 pieces. Serve right away with the spicy tahini sauce. Enjoy!