Apple Pumpkin Soup
We are still on that pumpkin train with this incredibly warming, immunity boosting, curry spice infused bowl that will boost your spirits and your strength! It tastes really good and is darn good for you, too.
✨ 2 tbsp olive oil
✨ 1 small yellow onion, diced
✨ 2 cloves garlic, minced
✨ 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
✨ 1 tbsp curry powder
✨ 2 tsp turmeric
✨ 1-inch ginger, finely diced
✨ 1 carrot, diced
✨ 1 pie pumpkin, peeled and cubed (save seeds for roasting!)
✨ 1 gala apple, peeled and cubed
✨ 4 cups water
✨ 1 can coconut milk
✨ Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a very sharp knife, cut top of pumpkin off and discard. Slice pumpkin in half. Scooping out seeds. Set aside. Peel the pumpkin, slice and dice into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large Dutch oven heat olive oil, add in chilli flakes and onion. Sauté for two minutes then add garlic.
- Add in spices and sauté one minute. Add in splash of water and carrot and sauté few minutes more.
- Add in pumpkin and cook for 5 minutes coating the pumpkin in all the spices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the apple and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and cover to simmer for 30/40 minutes.
- Once vegetables are soft, add in coconut milk stirring to combine. Simmer 5 more minutes and then remove from heat.
- Transfer soup carefully to a high-speed blender. Make sure you cover blender lid with a towel leaving air to escape as you purée.
- Once all puréed, transfer back to pot and season with salt and pepper, then serve and feel the warmth!
Tagged: Main Dishes