Dairy Free Spirulina Chip Ice CreamAugust 30, 2017
Black Bean and Sweet Potato NachosOctober 2, 2017
Fall is officially here and while we’d usually be making hot soups to celebrate the change of seasons, it’s been too unseasonably warm to break out the stockpot. Instead, we’re all about this Carrot Chipotle Coconut Milk Gazpacho that can be enjoyed chilled or if the weather decides to act normally, can be warmed up to enjoy hot.
The combination of carrots and coconut milk create a naturally sweet gazpacho that is balanced with a hint of chipotle chili spice (or cayenne). Coconut milk is an excellent way to create a really rich and creamy dish without the dairy. Using a high-speed blender, this gazpacho can be made in 10 minutes or less. We suggest garnishing it with our Rockin’ Ranch Coconut Chips, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, and/or microgreens for added nutrition, crunch and delicious flavour!
Carrot Chipotle Coconut Milk Gazpacho
Serve it cold to be a gazpacho or hot to be a soup! You will need a high-speed blender to make this recipe.
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 can coconut milk, reserve a few tablespoons for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp chipotle chili powder or cayenne (increase to 1/2 tsp if you want more of a kick)
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Water, as needed
- Optional garnishes: Rockin' Ranch Coconut Chips, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, microgreens
- In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Refrigerate the soup for at least half hour before serving. If the soup thickens, add a little bit of water as needed. Adjust seasonings to taste. Drizzle with remaining coconut milk and top with optional garnishes.
- If you prefer the soup hot, heat the soup on a stove-top until warm.