Black Bean and Sweet Potato NachosOctober 2, 2017
Souper Broccoli and Spinach Vegetable SoupNovember 17, 2017
‘Tis the season for apple spice and everything nice! These Gluten Free + Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins are slightly sweet, packed with fiber and protein, and not only taste delicious but will make your whole kitchen smell like heaven. Nothing says, “thank you, I love you!” more than a batch of warm muffins over the Thanksgiving holidays. Enjoy!
Gluten Free + Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Deliciously healthy, gluten free and vegan muffins made with almond and coconut flour.
- 2 royal gala apples, peeled, cored and diced or grated
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 - 2 tsp cinnamon (depending on your taste preferences)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- Garnish with 1/2 cup Chocolate Superfood Coconut Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir to mix.
- Add the wet ingredients (maple syrup, coconut oil) into the dry and mix until just combined. Stir in the apples and mix again. The batter should be on the thicker side and not runny.
- Spoon into muffin tin until each liner is filled to the very top.
- Bake for approximately 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. If you'd like to garnish with our Chocolate Coconut Chips, take the muffins out of the oven after 12 minutes and sprinkle the chips on top. Let the muffins cool completely and then store in an air-tight container. It is best to refrigerate them to keep their freshness.