Key Lime Pie Chia Pudding With Matcha Latte ChipsJanuary 18, 2018
Nothing like a warm bowl of soup to warm you up on a cold day. It’s even better when it looks like sunshine!
Made with lentils, this soup is high in fiber and protein, in addition to folate, manganese and iron. A mix of spices, including turmeric, cumin and za’atar, make this a delightful soup for the senses. The coconut milk adds a comforting richness. We hope you’ll enjoy this recipe!
Golden Lentil Soup with Za'atar Spice
A delicious and nutrient packed vegan, dairy free and gluten free soup to warm you up on a cold day.
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups lentils, cooked and rinsed
- 6 cups water
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- To garnish: 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, za'atar spice, Rockin' Ranch Coconut Chips, fresh lemon juice
- In a large stockpot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. When the oil starts to shimmer, sauté the onions and celery, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, water, coconut milk, and spices. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve the soup right away with cilantro, za'atar, Rockin' Ranch Chips and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Enjoy!