Whole BBQ-Style Cauliflower with Ranch ChipsJune 23, 2017
Canada Day Red Velvet Buckwheat PancakesJune 30, 2017
When you think of your perfect summer day, what does it look like? For us, it’s hot and sunny and we’re spending it outside, in a park or by the water, with friends or family and a popsicle in hand. These Salted Caramel and Chocolate Popsicles are exactly what we dream of in those perfect summer moments.
These popsicles are creamy, refreshing and extremely simple to make, only requiring 5 ingredients (if you consider water an ingredient), a few minutes, a blender and some popsicle molds. Sweetened only with dates, they are guaranteed to satisfy your sweet craving on a hot summer day. The chocolate sauce is not mandatory, but highly recommended because who doesn’t love chocolate? Especially when full of minerals and antioxidants from the raw cacao powder. For an extra boost of both nutrients and flavour, roll the popsicles in our Chocolate Superfood Coconut Chips.
Salted Caramel and Chocolate Popsicles
Creamy, delicious, and super satisfying plant-powered popsicles
- 2 cups almond milk
- 12 dates
- 4 tbsp water
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Chocolate Sauce (recipe follows)
- Chocolate Superfood Coconut Chips
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp water
- Combine dates and water in a blender and blend until it becomes a smooth, caramel-like consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and fully combined.
- Divide between 6 popsicle molds, insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- Once set, remove from molds and top with chocolate sauce and Chocolate Superfood Coconut Chips!