Gluten Free + Vegan Apple Cinnamon MuffinsOctober 5, 2017
Matcha Latte Coconut and Hemp Seed BitesNovember 23, 2017
SOUP SEASON IS HERE! You bet we’re excited. When the weather turns, we make it our mission to try making a new soup each and every week. Soups are one of the best ways to easily consume a variety of fiber-rich vegetables. While we’re all for eating raw foods, it’s important to adapt to the change of seasons by adding some warming foods into your diet for balance in the body. Adopting a new habit such as making a new soup each week is also a simple way that we stay positive about the cold weather and look forward to keeping our bodies nourished. We love this souper blend of celery, broccoli and spinach. Top it all off with extra greens and our Rockin’ Ranch Superfood Coconut Chips for healthy fats, fiber and crunch!
Souper Broccoli and Spinach Vegetable Soup
A warming and delicious plant-powered soup packed with fiber-rich greens. Top it off with a sprinkle of our Rockin' Ranch Superfood Coconut Chips for some healthy fats and extra fiber.
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups coconut milk + more for drizzling
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt, or more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large stockpot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. When the oil starts to shimmer, sauté the onions and garlic until translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, broccoli florets, white wine vinegar, vegetable broth, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper (except for the spinach) to the pot. Stir until combined.
- Bring the soup to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for an additional few minutes until the spinach is cooked.
- Using a ladle, add the soup to a high-speed blender or blend using an immersion blender. Blend the soup until completely smooth.
- Serve the soup right away with fresh greens, our Rockin' Ranch Superfood Coconut Chips, and a drizzle of coconut milk and/or extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy!
- Add additional water or coconut milk (up to 2 cups), if needed.
- The soup can be refrigerated for up to a week or kept frozen for 1-2 months.