Joyous Detox Chocolate Chia MousseJune 19, 2017
Salted Caramel and Chocolate PopsiclesJune 30, 2017
Next up in our summer grilling quest… cauliflower! We think you’re going to LOVE this recipe for Whole BBQ-Style Cauliflower. Typically baked whole in the oven, cooking the cauliflower on the barbeque adds an extra smoky flavour that elevates the BBQ sauce and gives the outside layer a crispy shell. We recommend serving it with our Rockin’ Ranch Superfood Coconut Chips sprinkled on top for an extra pop of flavour that perfectly complements the BBQ sauce. Need more convincing? Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin K and vitamin C. Try this recipe as a side dish for your next summer barbeque, or even as the centre piece with a couple side salads.
The BBQ sauce itself is delicious and flavourful, and not exclusively reserved for cauliflower. This recipe should leave you with some leftover, so try it on other vegetables, veggie burgers, or as a dipping for sweet potato fries. Enjoy!
Whole BBQ-Style Cauliflower
A hearty plant-powered recipe perfect for summer entertaining!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Plant-Powered BBQ sauce (recipe follows)
- Rockin' Ranch Superfood Coconut Chips
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tamari
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder (or sub 1 tsp liquid smoke)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp water
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Trim the outer leaves off the cauliflower and cut the bottom part of the stem so the head stays intact.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl and pour half of the BBQ sauce over the cauliflower, rubbing the sauce in until completely coated. Add more sauce as needed.
- Let sit to marinade for approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat the barbeque at medium heat.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a baking sheet and cook on the barbeque for 30 minutes, or until the top is slightly charred. (Or simply transfer the cauliflower directly to the grill).
- While the cauliflower is cooking on the barbeque, preheat the oven to 400°F. After the 30 minutes, spread more BBQ sauce on top of the cauliflower and transfer to the oven for another 30 minutes, or until the inside is fully cooked and it is soft to cut.
- Serve and enjoy!