Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana BreadApril 26, 2017
Broccoli Crust Pizza with Jalapeno CheezeMay 10, 2017
I’ve been meaning to make raw ravioli for quite some time now. I’ve been putting it off though because I was honestly overwhelmed by testing and coming up with this recipe. I’ve seen Matthew Kenney, one of my favourite raw gurus, present his raw raviolis and they’re always so stunning that I thought it would take so much effort to replicate a similar recipe. To my surprise, this recipe for Raw Candy Cane Beet Ravioli is super simple. It takes 15 minutes to make maximum! You’ll simply peel and thinly slice one candy cane beet. It’s easiest to do this using a mandolin or an “adjustable slicer” in a food processor. To make the plant-based ricotta filling, you’ll process all ingredients until smooth and then fill each beet slice with a dollop of the filling. Fold each of the slices in half and serve with chopped parsley, black pepper, pink salt and a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice. Enjoy!
Raw Candy Cane Beet Ravioli
This is a light, fresh and delicious dairy free and gluten free alternative to ravioli! You will need a food processor to make this recipe.
- 1 candy cane beet, peeled and thinly sliced
- 175 g organic extra firm tofu
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice or 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Thinly slice the beets using a mandolin, chef's knife or in a food processor with an "adjustable slicer."
- In a food processor, pulse ingredients until everything comes together. You don't want it too crumbly but you want it to be relatively smooth and for pieces of parsley to be intact.
- Carefully add approximately 1/2 tbsp ricotta filling to each of the candy cane beet slices. It works best if you place the ricotta filling on one side and then fold the other side over. It should easily stick to the filling. This recipe makes approximately 20 - 25 ravioli pieces total.
- Serve the ravioli with black pepper, a pinch of pink salt and chopped parsley. Optional: drizzle extra virgin olive oil or lemon juice on top. Enjoy!
- Make it 100% raw by using 1/2 cup sunflower seeds instead of tofu. It's best to soak the sunflower seeds overnight for 8 - 12 hours to easily blend in the recipe and also to increase digestibility and assimilation of nutrients and protein.