Spiced Chickpea Salad Lettuce WrapsApril 18, 2017
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana BreadApril 26, 2017
Oooh the taste of caramel! Sweet, smooth, rich and indulgent. Warning: this Decadent Raw Vegan Salted Caramel Pudding is very sweet but it’s one of those treats that you can indulge in on special occasions and feel good that it’s made only with natural sweeteners. The pudding includes unsweetened shredded coconut, Medjool dates, virgin coconut oil, coconut milk and pink Himalayan salt. Medjool dates are loaded with fiber, potassium and antioxidant properties. You’ll also balance the amount of sugar in the dates with the tablespoon of virgin coconut oil, which will help slow the absorption of sugar in the body and avoid potential blood sugar crashes. Top the puddings off with a pinch of salt and cacao nibs or enjoy this recipe as a top layer on a raw vegan cheesecake. Enjoy!
Raw Vegan Salted Caramel Pudding
A sweet and rich raw pudding that's dairy free and refined sugar free. You will need a food processor or high-speed blender to make this recipe.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or other nut milk, or more as needed
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Cacao nibs to garnish
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, process all ingredients except for the coconut milk until smooth. Once everything is blended, add in coconut milk slowly until the pudding is completely smooth. Add additional coconut milk until you achieve your desired pudding consistency.
- Serve the pudding in ramekins or bowls. Top with a pinch of salt and cacao nibs. Enjoy!