Cauliflower Steaks with Lemon Zest + Capers
Looking for fresh Spring recipe ideas that are good for your skin and gut? Try out this gut health inspired recipe using the almighty Cauliflower!
The nutrition profile of cauliflower is quite impressive. Cauliflower contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that your body needs. It is high in fiber, feeds the healthy bacteria in your gut and can help reduce inflammation.Cauliflower also contains compounds that may lower risk of developing cancer. These compounds appear to stop enzymes from activating cancer causing agents in the body, and they increase the activity of enzymes that disable and eliminate carcinogens. Top them off with a few sprinkles of Rawcology Smoky Cheeze Superfood Coconut Chips, because more flavour, more health benefits the better. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 40 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Remove the outer green leaves from the head of cauliflower and trim the bottom of the stem, without removing the whole thing.
- Slice the cauliflower into 1 ½ inch thick slices and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with half of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then turn over and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Continue roasting until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Transfer the roasted cauliflower to a serving bowl.
- Top with lemon zest, parsley and capers.
- Add a few sprinkles of our Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips for extra flavour.
Tagged: Main Dishes