Mint Chocolate Avocado Brownies
Brownies… but make them healthy. These mint chocolate brownies are a must, plus we snuck in some avocado. They are gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, and packed with healthy fats to keep your sweet tooth satisfied and belly full.
Avocados are a nutrient booster. They are jam-packed with nutrients such as folate, potassium, B vitamins, magnesium and they contain monounsaturated fats, have a positive impact on the gut microbiome, improves hearth health, supports skin health, and they play a role in regulating your central nervous system.
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flax + 2 1/2 tbsp warm water
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup smashed avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 1 cup Rawcology mint granola
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Place parchment into an 8x8 baking pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare flax egg and set aside to gel for 10 minutes.
- While flax is gelling, place granola in a food processor and blend until it resembles coarse sand.
- Add in remaining ingredients except for chocolate chips. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Once the batter is smooth, pulse in chocolate chips. Scrape batter into baking pan smoothing out batter with a damp spatula or damp hands.
- Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips and granola on top, pressing gently into the batter.
- Place in the oven for 23-25 minutes.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack and allow the brownies to cool before slicing.