Plant Based Chocolate Cheesecake
#NationalCakeDay with the best plant-based Chocolate Cheesecake you've ever had!
Whether you're celebrating holidays with family or looking for a new sweet treat to have on hand this weekend, this is the recipe to make.
- 1 cup ground ginger cookies
- 1/2 cup Rawcology Chocolate Coconut Chips
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Pinch pink salt
- 1 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut kefir
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Pinch pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut parchment to fit bottom of 8” springform pan. Spray with coconut spray and set aside.
- Place cookies into food processor and pulse until finely ground. Place chocolate coconut chips in the food processor and grind into a course texture.
- Add ground ginger cookies, granola and oats into bowl of food processor and remaining ingredients. 4. Pulse to combine. Mixture should pinch between your fingers. Press firmly into pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Rinse soaked cashews and add to a blender. Add remaining ingredients for cheesecake filling. Blend on high, scraping down sides as needed. The mixture should be smooth and creamy. Once crust has cooled pour cheesecake mixture on top of crust. Gently but firmly tap the cheesecake on counter to release any air bubbles and place in the freezer.
- Allow it to set for minimum 4 hours. Once cheesecake is firmly set, remove the ring around the cheesecake and slide onto a plate.
- Add a layer of tahini caramel to top of the cake, sprinkle Crumbled Rawcology Chocolate Coconut Chips and pomegranate. Enjoy!
Salted Tahini Caramel
- 1 cup dates soaked in hot water 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 heaping tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Drain dates and add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend on high for several minutes until caramel is smooth. Add a splash of water if mixture is too thick.