Calling all Blueberry Lovers!
Next time you buy a pint of blueberries from the farmers market, picking fresh blueberries at the local farms, or simply have a stash of frozen blueberries sitting in the freezer, these baked blueberry donuts are a tasty vegan/gluten-free sweet treat perfectly covered with a vibrant blueberry glaze!
Donut mind if I do.Blueberries are filled with antioxidants, vitamin C, fiber, manganese, and vitamin B2. The health benefits of blueberries are mainly due to anthocyanidins, a group of deep red, purple, and blue pigments found in plants. These compounds play a role in fighting free radical damage, which leads to aging and the formation of numerous diseases. Anthocyanins also have a positive effect on gut health and microflora, helping to decrease inflammation.
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 4 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp blue butterfly powder
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp purple sweet potato superfood powder
- 2-3 tbsp Rawcology Blueberry Granola
- Fresh blueberries sliced in half.
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray or grease a donut baking dish.
- Whisk room temperature wet ingredients together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add dry to wet folding until batter is homogeneous. Scrape into a piping bag OR used a spoon to evenly distribute batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Donuts should spring back when tested with your finger.
- Remove donuts by flipping the tray onto a cooling rack. Allow the donuts to cool completely before glazing.
For the Glaze
- To make the glaze sift icing sugar into a bowl add 2 tbsp of milk and purple superfood powder.
- Whisk or stir to combine.
- Add 1 additional tbsp of milk if the icing is too thick.
- Dip each donut into the glaze and crumble granola on top. Add a few sliced blueberries on top as well.