Blueberry Thyme Scones
With that crisp chill in the air we are leaning into all of the comfort baking. Enter in our new Blueberry Thyme Scone recipe. We love this one for the surprising flavour mix and fresh gooey blueberries.
Nutrition note: Thyme contains vitamin C, potassium and manganese for a great immune boost along side antioxidant powerhouse ingredient blueberries.
- 2 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup Rawcology Blueberry Granola, pulsed
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, frozen works best
- 1/4 cup cold cashew milk
- 1/4 cup cold maple syrup
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, remove stem
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk, we love creamy cashew
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Working as fast as you can, chop cold butter into very small pieces and add to dry ingredients. Add in milk, maple syrup, flax egg and fold everything in. Add fresh blueberries and fresh thyme.
- Dust a clean surface with flour. Rinse your hands under cold water for a minute and then work the dough using your hands. Shape the dough into a 9 inch circle approximately 1” in thickness. Use a pastry cutter to make 8 triangles. Slide triangles onto parchment lined sheet and place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and paint the tops of the scones with cashew milk. Sprinkle coconut sugar onto of each scone.
- Bake for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 375F and bake 10 more minutes until golden brown.