Butternut Squash Waffles
Apparently, it’s #waffleweek and these have got to top the list for a new Fall fave recipe of ours!
They are like a warm hug on a plate and give all that indulgent weekend joy without any refined sugar. Did we mention these are filled with potassium rich, antioxidant filled, fibre and vitamin dense butternut squash?
Sign us up! Top with your favourite Rawcology Grain Free Granola for added superfood crunch.
- 2 cups cashew milk or plant-based milk of choice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin seed oil (or avocado)
- ½ cup steamed and mashed butternut squash
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 heaping tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup water
- Fresh blueberries to top
- Rawcology Blueberry with Acai Granola to top
- In a large measuring cup measure out plant-based milk, add in apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, oil, and steamed squash.
- Whisk to combine.
- In separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet to dry and fold together then add in water. Your batter will be thick!
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with non-stick coconut oil.
- Measure approximately 1 cup of batter and place on iron.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and top with fresh fruit and your favourite Rawcology Granola! Enjoy!