Did someone say Soup Season? 👋😍
It’s time. We are officially in the prime-time soup zone! When the air gets chilly, sweaters come out of the drawers and soup becomes a welcome staple on the menu. Not only is soup a great way to get a load of vegetables and nutrients in but we love making large batches and freezing or keeping a handy meal #2 in the fridge when there’s just not enough time.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch chili flakes
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 heads broccoli
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Discard bottom half of broccoli stalks (option to save for a vegetable stock to make later!). Cut remaining stalks and break apart broccoli into florets.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add olive oil, onion and chilli flakes. Sauté for 2 minutes then add garlic. Add in carrot and celery with a splash of water and sauté for several minutes. Add in broccoli and toss to coat. Add in water, bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer, cover with lid leaving air to escape and allow to simmer for 20 minutes stirring frequently.
- Once vegetables are cooked, add-in spinach, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Allow the spinach to wilt into soup and once it has, remove from heat.
- Ladle approximately 4 cups of hot soup into the blender. Note: Leave the top open for air to escape, don’t blend on too high a mode so that the soup doesn’t come out of the top of your blender. Work pureeing your soup in batches until it is complete.
- Place back into pot, squeeze with lemon juice and taste for seasoning. Top with Rawcology Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips, serve immediately and enjoy!