Chocolate Dipped Matcha Cookies
Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, here is a festive plant powered recipe we’re making! Say hello to indulgent Chocolate Dipped Matcha Cookies covered in Chocolate Oat Clusters.
Matcha is an antioxidant superfood that helps to give you a jitter free energy boost, increases dopamine for a good mood and can protect your liver and heart. With ten times more antioxidants than other green teas we love adding this functional ingredient into our favourite baking recipes.
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 Tbsp warm water)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Rawcology Chocolate Oat Clusters
- Maldon salt (optional)
- Prepare flax egg in a large bowl. Allow for it to gel. Add room temperature butter and coconut sugar. Beat with an electric hand mixer or by hand until sugar and butter or well mixed.
- Add matcha and vanilla and beat again until light and fluffy.
- Add in dry ingredients and stir with a spatula. Once fully combined place the batter in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place aluminum foil shiny side down on a baking sheet. Use an ice-cream scoop (approximately 1/4 cup) to measure out your cookies. Space them out generously. Lightly dampen the palm of your hand and gently press the cookies to flatten them out. Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the baking sheet on cooling rack for 2 minutes. Gently remove cookies and place them directly on cooling rack before adding chocolate and oat clusters.
- While cookies are cooling, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together. Once cookies are cooled dip half the cookie into the chocolate and place on a parchment lined sheet. Sprinkle oat clusters and a punch of sea salt on top while chocolate is still wet. Finish all the cookies and place them in the fridge to set. Enjoy!