Chocolate Sweet & Salty Popcorn
This sweet & salty popcorn recipe is our new weekend obsession!
For #NationalPopcornDay we’re making a big batch of Chocolate Sweet & Salty Popcorn. Satisfy all your sweet cravings with a loaded drizzle of melted chocolate and Chocolate Granola mixed with a salty turmeric coconut oil sauce that seriously gives movie popcorn butter a run for its money.
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory spice loaded with brain boosting curcumin.
Raw Cacao is a powerful antioxidant filled with flavonoids that can lower blood pressure and increase the flow of blood to the brain.
Coconut is rich in fiber and MCT's, essential healthy fats for digestion and heart health.
We’re eating it on repeat and it’s giving us all those TGIF vibes!
- 1 tbsp +1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- Sea salt to taste
- 6 squares chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Rawcology Chocolate Grain Free Granola
- Olive oil
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil and turmeric in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add kernels to the pot and cover with the lid. Once kernels start to pop, move the pot back and forth to avoid burning.
- Once popped season with a small amount of olive oil, sea salt and nutritional yeast. Spread onto a lined baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate and 1 tsp of coconut oil. Use a spoon to dress popcorn with chocolate. Sprinkle with Chocolate Granola and extra salt.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened. Enjoy!