Gluten Free Carrot Cake Pancakes
Hoppy Easter Carrot Cake Pancakes! 🐰🥕
Show some bunny you love them with these totally delicious Plant Based Carrot Cake Pancakes. 🥞
It's ideal to get a healthy helping of vitamin C packed carrot in the form of a pancake to start off a day of chocolate mania. #balance 💜
Although these can be a lovely Easter treat we love using veggies in our pancakes on the regular as another way to boost our plant intake. Carrots are rich in beta carotene which your body turns into Vitamin A which helps keep your eyes healthy and supports your immune system. Enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 7-8 pancakes):
- 1 flax egg, 1 tbsp ground flax +2 1/2 tbsp warm water
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 4 large carrots)
- Pinch pink salt
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Toppings: Fresh berries and Blueberry Grain Free Granola
1. Prepare flax egg and set aside to gel for 10 minutes.
2. In a large glass measuring cup, add in mashed banana, milk, oil and vanilla and whisk to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add wet to dry and mix.
4. Add in grated carrot and fold together. Make sure there is no loose flour in the batter and everything is well combined. Allow batter to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 250F and have a baking sheet inside to place pancakes to keep them warm.
6. Coat a nonstick pan with coconut oil. Bring pan to temperature over medium high heat. You want pan to be hot but not smoking.
7. Use a small ladle to measure out your pancakes. Wait for bubbles to appear and flip. Place in pre-heated oven until all pancakes are done.
8. Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit and Rawcology Blueberry Grain Free Granola. Enjoy! ☀️