Gluten Free Vegan Asparagus and Potato Pizza
Who is ready for this gorgeous Spring pizza? We are!
This is a fresh and fun take on pizza night with asparagus, potato and chive blossoms. Make it vegan and gluten free by using a plant-based cheese like this Daiya option and cauliflower pizza crust! Don't forget to top with Rawcology Rockin' Ranch Superfood Coconut Chips for some extra crunch!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 - 8 thick asparagus spears
- 3 - 4 small Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 recipe chickpea pizza dough – we love this Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ cups vegan cheese of choice – we like Daiya Plant-Based Cheddar
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced, optional
- Squeezes of fresh lemon juice
- 5 chive blossom flowers, optional
- 1 tbsp thyme flowers or fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the asparagus vertically into ribbons. Set the ribbons aside and finely chop any leftover bits of the tender parts of the asparagus, avoiding the fibrous inch or so on the ends.
- Use a mandolin or a sharp knife to slice the potatoes paper thin.
- Stretch the pizza dough to fit a large pizza stone or pan. Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with the minced garlic. Top the dough with three-fourths of the cheese of choice, and then layer the potatoes in circles, starting from the outside of the pizza working in. Let them overlap just slightly. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and half of the chives and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the dough is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the radish slices, if using, and the asparagus ribbons. Squeeze lemon over the asparagus and sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Break apart the chive blossoms and sprinkle on top along with the thyme flowers and/or leaves. Return the pizza for the oven for 3 minutes to lightly warm the toppings.
- Remove from the oven and top with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Top with our Rockin' Ranch Coconut Chips and Enjoy!
Tagged: Main Dishes