Healthy Pantry Essentials
In a world where our days are often filled with stress and chaos, it is crucial to prioritize our health and wellbeing. One way to achieve this is by stocking our pantry with essential items that support our wellness and simplify our lives. These pantry staples are packed with nutrients that provide our bodies with the energy and nourishment needed to thrive!
- Nuts and Seeds: Nuts and seeds are rich in protein, healthy fats, and fiber. They make for a fantastic snack or can be incorporated into meals to add a satisfying crunch. Almonds, cashews, chia seeds, and flaxseeds are great options for your pantry.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains provide us with the fiber and carbohydrates needed for sustained energy throughout the day. Wild rice, buckwheat, quinoa, and rolled oats are some fantastic options that can be used in a variety of dishes. Many of these staples are gluten free as well.
- Legumes: Legumes such as chickpeas, red lentils, black beans and mung beans are excellent sources of plant-based protein, fiber, and complex carbohydrates. These nutrient-dense foods can be added to soups, stews, and salads, or even blended into dips and spreads.
- Herbs and Spices: Herbs and spices are a great way to add flavor to meals without adding extra calories or sodium. They also come with several health benefits. For example, turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, while ginger can aid in digestion. Garlic boosts immunity, and cinnamon helps to regulate blood sugar levels. Herbal medicine is one of the most potent tools available to us!
- Healthy Oils: Healthy oils such as olive oil and avocado oil are excellent sources of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that can help reduce inflammation and lower the risk of heart disease. They can be used for cooking or as a dressing for salads.
- Fermented Foods: Fermented foods such as kimchi, and sauerkraut are rich in probiotics, which are beneficial bacteria that support gut health and immunity. Though they belong in the fridge, they have a prolonged shelf life and adding these to your diet can help keep your digestive system healthy and happy.
- All Rawcology products: Last but not least, all Rawcology products are an essential pantry staple with a shelf life of 365 days. Whether it's our Grain Free Granola, Coconut Chips or Granola Snack Bites, our products are rich in antioxidants, probiotics and minerals. They can stabilize your mood, blood sugar and energy levels and most importantly are incredibly bioavailable, perfect for on the go, pre or post workout, for breakfast, for dessert or for travel. Basically anywhere, anytime and any day.
Incorporating these wellness pantry staples into your lifestyle and routine can support your daily wellbeing. By fueling your mind, body and gut with nutrient-dense foods, you can maintain your energy levels, reduce inflammation, and boost your immunity. So, take the time to stock up your pantry with these essential items and get creative with your meal planning. Your body will thank you for it!
Check out some of our favourite Rawcology Pantry Staples:
Bursting with berries! With apple juice sweetened dried blueberries and cranberries, our Berry Burst Granola Snack Bites provide a flavour explosion for your taste buds. Made with feel good ingredients to love, including Purity Protocol gluten free rolled oats, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, virgin coconut oil, naturally sweetened with coconut sugar, and taken up a notch with probiotics.
Packed with juicy blueberries, rich acai, and a hint of cinnamon, our grain-free Blueberry with Acai Gluten Free Granola is where flavour meets function.
-Chloe Tilp, CNP