Immunity Blueberry Mushroom Muffins
'Tis the season for holiday cheer and that dreaded creeping contagious cold.
Keep your immune system boosted with the power of plants! These Immunity Blueberry Mushroom Muffins include our gut loving Oat Clusters with Probiotics along with some of our other favourite immune system boosters from Rainbo Mushrooms and Lemon Lily to pack an immunity punch for the season.
Boosting your Immune System
Your immune system is your first line of defense against infection and diseases. It is made up of cells that help fight infection and help the body to heal. A strong immune system is vital for good health and there are many steps individuals can take to help strengthen and support their immune systems naturally:
- Reduce stress by meditating, exercising, and practicing mindfulness
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep
- Eat a colourful, well-balanced diet
- Consuming vitamins essential for a healthy immune system: vitamin A, C, D, E and Zinc
- Herbals such as Echinacea help support immune function
The Super Multi-Mushroom Synergy is a functional mushroom blend that supports the body and mind, supporting immune system and building resilience. The benefits of 11:11 may support:
- Immune health via fungal polysaccharides with immunomodulating properties
- Antioxidant activity in the body
- Energy and resilience
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp rainbo 11:11 super mushroom tincture
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 tsp raw ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp blue matcha, we love Lemon Lily
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup Rawcology Berry Burst Oat Clusters, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together water and flax and set aside to gel for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl add oat milk, apple cider vinegar, apple sauce, honey, rainbo mushroom tincture, vanilla and olive oil. Whisk vigorously to combine. Add to flax egg.
- Fold in flours, oats and spices and mix to combine. Add in blue matcha if using and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Place oat clusters on a cutting board and roughly chop.
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure out 11 muffins. Sprinkle chopped oat clusters on top of each muffin. Place in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until done. A toothpick should come out clean when tested. Stores well in freezer. Enjoy the immunity boost from antioxidant superfoods and probiotics!