Red Velvet Pancakes
Feeling festive with this plant based, gluten free Red Velvet Pancake recipe. Whip them up, drizzle with sauce, top with some crunch and enjoy!
- 1 cup plant based milk of choice
- 1 tsp applecider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp beet crystals or red velvet powder
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Rawcology Apple Cinnamon Oat Clusters
- Add pomegranate juice and lemon juice into a small heavy bottomed pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Stir often to avoid burning. The sauce will reduce into a thick syrup after approximately 30-45 minutes. You want it to coat the back or a spoon. Set aside for pancakes.
- Make flax egg by whisking 1 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp warm water. Set aside to gel. Combine milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, olive oil and beet crystals in a large glass measuring cup and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients. Add wet to dry and fold in flax egg.
- Let batter rest while you heat a large griddle or non-stick pan. Coat pan with spray, butter or oil. This recipe makes approximately7 pancakes. Top with sauce and Apple Cinnamon Oat Clusters!