Lemon Cream Tarts
Instead of focussing on who might not be at the table, we're going all out for what is ON the table. These dairy free, vegan, plant powered Lemon Cream Tarts are getting us zested with excitement!
Creamy, lemony, tarty goodness that can be made and dropped off, eaten all at once, or get a shake of some extra granola on top and call it breakfast, why not?
Get ready to squeeze the day!
Ingredients - Crust:
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/8 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Rawcology Lemon Ginger Granola
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
Ingredients - Filling:
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked overnight (min. 4 hrs)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Zest of 1 lemon + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch pink salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 4 mini tart shells and set aside.
2. Place all crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine. Texture should look like very coarse sand.
3. Divide into the tart shells and press firmly getting all the way up to the top of the mold. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Place in freezer once cooled slightly while you make the filling.
4. Drain and rinse cashews. Place all filling ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until you get a smooth, creamy texture. The texture will be thick.
5. Remove crusts from freezer. Use a small rubber spatula to spread filling into the crusts.
6. Place them back into freezer.
7. Remove from freezer one hour before eating and garnish with more lemon zest and blueberries. Enjoy! 🍋