Matcha Cheezecake Brownies
Happy St. Patrick's Day! 🍀
We'll take any excuse to make a matcha infused dessert! These festive Matcha Brownies will ensure you have a shamrockin' good time with natural sugars for a low sugar snacks!
We love matcha powder as a superfood healthy ingredient because it's incredibly high in antioxidants, has been known to protect the liver, support immunity and increase brain function. That's a pretty good lucky charm!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maca powder
- 2 cups pitted dates
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup cashews (soaked over night)
- ¼ cup dairy free yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp matcha
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ tsp spirulina
- Remove pits from dates and cover with hot water for 15 minutes.
- Place walnuts and almonds in a food processor and pulse to break down. Add in cacao nibs, cacao powder, maca powder and pulse 5-7 times again.
- Drain dates and add to food processor with peanut butter and sea salt. Pulse to combine. Crust should stick together when you pinch it.
- Transfer to a 8x8 parchment lined tin and press firmly into pan. Place in freezer while you make cheezecake layer.
Drain cashews and give them a good rinse. Add all cheezecake layer ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on high until you have a smooth consistency, scraping down sides as needed.
Pour cheezecake over prepared crust. Tap the pan several times to release any air bubbles.
Place back in freezer for 4 hours or until fully set and firm to the touch.
When ready to serve, remove from freezer and place in fridge for 2 hours to de-thaw. Alternatively, you could place on counter at room temperature. Sprinkle with Rawcology Matcha Latte Coconut Chips. Use the parchment paper to lift out cheezecake and cut into squares. Enjoy!
Matcha Love for Matcha
10 Reasons why you should consume more Matcha
- Packed with antioxidants
- Loaded with vitamins & minerals
- Stimulates metabolism
- Helps to improve skin
- Detoxifies the body
- Filled with cancer fighting catechins
- Helps to lower cholesterol and blood sugars
- Increases energy levels
- Boosts concentration
- Combats inflammation