Free Shipping over $45 across Canada and U.S.
How to achieve holiday bliss? Whip up a batch of these Mint Matcha Nanaimo Bars to enjoy this weekend with a side of Jingle Bell Rock.
Ingredients - Bottom Layer:
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/4 cup coconut sugar
5 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp warm water, mixed)
1 ¼ cup vegan graham crackers, processed into a crumb
1/4 cup almonds, finely processed
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
* Ingredients - Middle layer:
1/2 cup vegan butter
2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups coconut sugar
1 1/2 tbsp matcha (or use enough based on desired colour/taste)
1/2 tsp pure mint extract
Ingredients - Top Layer:
4 oz non-dairy dark chocolate or semi-sweet chips
2 tbsp vegan butter
Rawcology Matcha Latte Coconut Chips to garnish
1. Line an 8" pan with parchment paper and grease with vegan butter on all sides.
Method - Middle layer:
1. In a small bowl, mix together the coconut milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Now add in the coconut milk and vanilla and beat for a few minutes.
3. Gradually, add in the sugar and beat for about 3-5 mins until light and fluffy. Set aside.
Method - Bottom layer:
1. In a small bowl, mix the flax egg together. Set aside for a few mins to allow it to thicken up.
2. In a saucepan, whisk together the vegan butter, sugar, and sifted cacao powder. Heat on medium-low and stir frequently until smooth.
3. Add in the flax egg and stir well.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the coconut, almonds, and graham cracker crumbs. Stir well and then mix with your hands.
5. Press this mixture into your prepared pan, ensuring that you press it down very firmly and evenly.
6. Take your middle layer frosting and spread over top of the bottom layer. Place in the freezer until firm, about 45 mins.
Method - Top Layer:
1. Melt your chocolate and vegan butter in a double boiler. Stir well until smooth.
2. Remove the pan from freezer and spread the chocolate quickly over the top. Sprinkle coconut on top if desired.
3. Smooth out as much as possible and then place back in the freezer for about 1 hour until set. Once set, transfer it to the fridge to keep until ready or place it on the counter for about 10 mins before cutting into squares. Enjoy!