Miso Squash Soul Soothing Soup 🍲
A little warmth, with fermented goodness and an ‘everything that makes you feel good’ broth is just what the body needs after that first week back into the work routine. We’re also making ‘taking care of our health’ a 2021 priority and this soup is all about care.
As we dip in and out of those freezing temps, this is a delicious, healthy meal that provides all the soothing goodness.😌
Please meet your new favourite meal in a bowl - The Miso Squash Soul Soothing Soup.
✨1 block tofu, pressed + patted dry +, cut into cubes
✨1 tbsp olive oil
✨1/2 tsp sea salt
✨Cracked black pepper
✨2 tbsp olive oil
✨1/2 onion, diced
✨1 large clove garlic, minced
✨Pinch chilli flakes
✨1 knob ginger, minced
✨3 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
✨2 tsp tamari
✨1 cup squash puree
✨5 cups vegetable stock
✨2 tbsp chickpea miso
✨2 fistfuls baby spinach
✨1 green onion, sliced
✨2 servings buckwheat noodles
✨2 tsp black sesame seeds
✨2 tsp chilli miso sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare your tofu with olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper. Spread evenly on baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.
2. Boil a large pot of water, add a tsp of salt. Cook noodles according to package and set aside.
3. In another large pot, heat olive oil and chilli flakes. Add onion, ginger and garlic, sauté until fragrant.
4. Add in mushrooms and sauté for several minutes.
5. Add Tamari to deglaze the pot and then add squash. Stir completely.
6. Add stock and miso, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
7. In bowls, add spinach, noodles and tofu. Ladle broth on top and garnish with sesame seeds, chilli miso and green onion. Enjoy!