Mother’s Day Lime Cheesecake
To all the mothers, grandmothers, godmothers, aunts, stepmothers, caregivers, fur mamas, et al: we celebrate you (from afar) today! 🌸
This Lime Cheesecake is bright, beautiful and a special dessert treat.. or maybe we’ll save a slice for breakfast! Sounds about right!
- 2 ¼ cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp of grated fresh lime zest
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1 ½ cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp pink salt
- Zest of 1 lime
- ½ tsp vanilla
- To make the crust, place everything in a food processor and pulse to combine. “Dough” should stick together when you pinch with your fingers.
- Transfer to bottom of a springform pan. Work the crust halfway up the pan. Make sure to press hard so that once cut, it will stay together.
- Place in freezer to set.
- For the filling, rinse the soaked cashews. Place all filling ingredients except melted coconut oil in high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Once smooth, add in melted coconut oil and blend again.
- Pour filling into prepared crust, making sure the filling is smooth and even before placing in freezer to set. Keep in freezer for approximately 4 hours until fully frozen.
- Once you are ready to dress, remove from freezer and place in fridge for up to 30 minutes. This will soften but not totally de-thaw the cake.
- Remove from fridge and prepare to gently remove springform away from the cheesecake. Once the cheesecake is out and smooth, it’s time to dress it up any way you desire. We grated more lime on top, placed fresh lime wedges and rose bud petals with our Matcha Latte Coconut Chips. Enjoy! 💕