Peach Baked Oats
Oatmeal with peaches, cinnamon, and vanilla…aka the breakfast version of peach crumble. Full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, this oatmeal recipe is perfection in every spoonful.
Peaches are impressive when it comes to the nutrients they hold, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and bioflavonoids. Peaches contain vitamin A and C which are good for the immune system, reducing free radical oxidative damage, and reducing the risk for chronic diseases and the fibre content helps stabilize blood sugar levels and improve digestion.
- 1 flax egg
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp melted olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups gf oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cup cashew milk
- 2 peaches-1 cut into small cubes, 1 thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Rawcology Apple Cinnamon Oat Clusters chopped into small pieces
- Yogurt or kefir
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 8/8 or desired baking dish.
- In large bowl, prepare flax egg and set aside.
- Mash banana into flax and add baking powder, spices, salt, vanilla and coconut oil and stir together.
- Add in walnuts, oats, maple syrup and cashew milk. Mix thoroughly and then add cubed peaches and mix again.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Arrange sliced peaches on top of the oats and scatter apple oat clusters evenly on top of peaches.
- Place in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with coconut kefir or yogurt.