Chickpea Chocolate Blondies
Sweet, chocolaty, and fudgey—that's what life is all about. These flourless Chocolate Blondies are so delicious it’s hard to believe that they are made from chickpeas.
Chickpeas are nutritional all-stars. They are an excellent source of plant protein with one cup containing nearly 20 grams of protein. Chickpeas also contain an ample amount of fiber helping to balance blood sugar levels. Since protein and fiber work synergistically to help slow digestion and provide sustained satiety, these Chocolate Blondies make for the ultimate nourishing snack.
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 1 14 ounce canned chickpeas drained, rinsed and dried
- 1 1/2 cup Rawcology Chocolate Granola
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Flaky salt for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add 1 cup of Rawcology Chocolate Granola to a food processor and pulse until granola resembles fine sand.
- Add remaining ingredients up to chocolate chips and blend together until you have a smooth consistency.
- Scrape batter into pan. Dampen either your hands or a silicon spatula to smooth out as the batter will be sticky. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow the blondies to cool completely.
- Chop the remaining granola. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments. Drizzle chocolate on top of blondies and sprinkle with remaining granola. Sprinkle it with sea salt.
- Place in the fridge to allow chocolate to harden. Slice and enjoy!