Plant Based Poke Bowl
Dinner Inspiration? We got you.
Plant Based Poke Bowl to the rescue! Why do we love this bowl and these ingredients?
- Pickled Beets gives us gut loving nutrients for our microbiome
- Edamame has protein and antioxidants
- All the greens? Hello fiber!
- Nori seaweed has the mineral iodine that helps the body make thyroid hormones that help regulate metabolism and other functions in the body
- 1 cup sushi rice (cooked with kombu)
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 block tofu, roasted
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 carrot, shaved
- 1/2 cup pickled beets
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 sheet nori
- 1/4 cup tahini drizzle
- Pickled ginger
- Rinse the rice well under cold water for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a small pot and add water. Swirl the rice around and then add 1 piece of kombu. Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a gentle boil and then reduce to a simmer for 16-18 minutes. Remove from heat source and keep covered for 10 more minutes.
- Remove lid, remove kombu and fluff rice with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Drain, cut and pat dry the tofu. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive and sprinkle with salt, chilli flakes and cracked pepper.
- Spread on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes the turn and bake for 5-10 minutes more.
- 7. Boil water and pour over edamame. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place spinach in the bottom of a bowl. Arrange rice, tofu, shaved carrot, cucumber, pickled beets, avocado and nori as you like.
- Drizzle with tahini dressing and sprinkle black sesame seeds over the bowl.
- Finish with pickled ginger and enjoy! 😉
Tagged: Main Dishes