Plant Based Ratatouille
Here's a veggie packed, hearty dish that's a great side to any BBQ or can moonlight easily as the main event!
We love sharing this flavourful, nourishing Plant Based Ratatouille with a table full of friends and family.
Hope everyone is enjoying a delicious long weekend!
- 1 medium sized zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium sized yellow zucchini, sliced
- 1 smallish eggplant, sliced
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus more for garnish
- 1 small yellow onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 20 basil leaves
- 1/2 log vegan goat cheese, crumbled
- Shaved vegan Parmesan
- 1 tsp pink salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F and spray a deep round pie dish with non-stick spray.
- Slice the zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes into rounds that are about 1/8” to 1/4” thick and slice the goat cheese log into thin rounds. Spread a thick layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of the pie dish.
- Create a stack of vegetable rounds starting with a slice of yellow zucchini, followed by a slice of eggplant, then a slice of tomato, a basil leaf, a slice of goat cheese, and finally a slice of green zucchini. Then stand the veggie stack on its side and place it in the pie dish near the outer edge. Keep repeating until you’ve gone all the way around the pie dish. Create a couple more stacks and stand them in the middle of the pie dish so that the dish is mostly full.
- Bake the dish in the oven for 45 minutes. Enjoy!
Tagged: Main Dishes