Plant Based Strawberry Popsicles
When a heat wave long weekend meets strawberry season POP we got your favourite snack ever!
We've been thinking about these chilled goodies for awhile and this is the weekend where the temps are poppin' and our freezer is callin'.
The coconut milk creates creamy goodness and the added crunch of our Chocolate Granola dipped tips is the perfect nut free topper.
There nothing like a frozen treat with a capital 'T' that satisfies without the sugar.
Hope you all have a poppin' great long weekend!
Ingredients (makes 8)
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Pinch salt
- 1 bar dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Rawcology Chocolate Grain Free Granola
- Wash and slice strawberries.
- Place them in a pot and cook over medium-low heat until they start to break down. Mash the berries with a wooden spoon to help break them up.
- Add in coconut milk, maple syrup, arrowroot starch and pure vanilla. Mix well. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Transfer to a silicone popsicle mold and place in freezer for 1 hour. Open freezer and slide popsicle stick into the middle of the popsicle.
- Freeze for 2 more hours or until the popsicles are fully set.
- Chop chocolate into smaller pieces. In a microwaveable bowl or over a double boiler melt chocolate. Add coconut oil to thin out chocolate. Set aside to cool. You don’t want to melt the popsicles when dipping.
- Place chocolate granola in a food processor and pulse several times to achieve roughly ground texture with some bigger pieces are great too!
- Remove popsicles from freezer and gently remove them from molds.
- Dip your pops into the chocolate and sprinkle the granola over melted chocolate. Work fast as the chocolate will harden quickly over the cold popsicle. I spread some granola on a plate and laid out prepared popsicles on top so that the popsicles had a bed to rest on.
- Place back in freezer or enjoy right away!