Raspberry Pistachio Ice Cream
We love making a dairy-free, plant-based, low sugar ice cream and this one is especially pretty as a perfect sweet treat for Mom. Don't forget to get the crave-able crunch from our Chocolate Granola and nutty pistachios to top it off!
- 2 cans coconut milk, refrigerated over-night
- 4 frozen bananas, in chunks
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- Pinch pink salt
- 1/2 cup Rawcology Chocolate Grain Free Granola
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 tbsp rose petals
- 2-3 tbsp coulis
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rose water
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Scoop out the solidified milk from the cans and reserve the water. Add in arrowroot, bananas, pure vanilla, salt and 1/2 cup of the coconut water. Blend to combine until smooth and creamy. Add in Chocolate Granola, pistachios and rose petals. Pulse a few time to combine.
- Scoop into a loaf pan and smooth out the top with an offset spatula. Place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and dollop coulis over the surface. Use a knife or a skewer to blend into the ice cream creating swirls. Place back in the freezer for 2 hours or until fully frozen and ready to eat.
- Remove from the freezer for 10 minutes before scooping and enjoy!
To make coulis: Place raspberries into a small pot over medium heat. Allow berries to break down for a couple of minutes. Add in lemon juice, maple syrup and rose water. Simmer mixture until berries have completely broken down. Pour into a small jar and place into the fridge until ready to use.