Roasted Purple Potato Hummus
It’s #InternationalHummusDay and we're celebrating with this Purple Sweet Potato Hummus.🍠
We love the earthy taste that the purple sweet potatoes give, the addition of adding this one ingredient to the classic hummus recipe can create a whole new vibrant “dip experience”. It is packed with plant protein and boosting with flavour.
- 1/2 cup dried chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1 medium sized purple fleshed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon juiced (reserve lemon for chickpeas)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 ice cubes
- 5 tbsp ice water (more if needed)
- Rawcology Rockin Ranch chips
- Add soaked chickpeas and reserved 1/2 lemon to a large pot of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Set a timer for 45 minutes. Place a sieve over the chickpeas.
- Remove skin of the sweet potato and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place into the steamer basket and cover with a lid.
- Once potato is fork tender (about 20-25 minutes), place into a bowl while chickpeas remain cooking. Chickpeas should be very soft.
- Drain and remove as much chickpea skin as you can.
- Place hot chickpeas into a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes. Add sweet potato and blend again.
- With the machine running add tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, sea salt and ice cubes. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Slowly add ice water until you have reached a creamy consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and top with Rockin Ranch Chips.