Red Beet Pasta with Pistachio Pesto
Here’s a fresh take on Pesto Pasta that can’t be Beet! 💥Keeping a varied diet and eating a “rainbow” of colours is the best way to ensure you’re getting a wide array of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. We love this Red Beet Pasta as a different way to enjoy beets, especially in the summer. The Pesto can be made nut free by subbing in hemp hearts for the pistachios. 🌱
- ½ cup pistachios
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp vegan Parmesan
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Cracked black pepper
- ¼ - ½ cup olive oil
- 1 medium beet, washed and peeled
- ½ package of spaghetti
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil and more for garnish
- Vegan feta (optional)
- Place everything in a food processor and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Store in an airtight jar. Keeps up to a week but can be frozen too!
- Using a spiralizer, create spaghetti like strands with your raw beet and set aside.
- Boil and salt a pot of water and cook spaghetti, drain and set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil then add red onion and sauté for several minutes. Add-in garlic and cook till fragrant for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add in spiralized beet and cooked pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss ¼ cup of Pistachio Pesto in with noodles. The beets will turn your pasta a lovely red colour.
- To serve, place more pesto on base of bowl or plate. Use a very large fork and spoon to twirl beet and spaghetti into one large mound, place on pesto.
- Garnish with olive oil and vegan feta. Enjoy! ✨
Tagged: Main Dishes