Celebrating the Dads today!
To the super star cuddler Dads that give the fifth round of bedtime hugs, the patient fur baby Dads that loop around the block once more, to the Dads that praise our successes, comfort us in the misses and cheer loudest from the stands. No ordinary fries for that special Dad, we are baking up zucchini fries! Serve these to that special Dad and feel good about the extra veggie serving and plant-based ingredients.
Recipe inspired by @mindbodygreen.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup grated vegan parmesan
- 1 tsp pink salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 flax eggs
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into sticks ¼ to ½ inch thick
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Rawcology Smoky Cheeze Superfood Coconut Chips crushed for batter
- Your favourite vegan mayo for dipping (we like to add in some fresh dill and garlic for some extra flavour)
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Lay out parchment paper or foil on a baking sheet and coat with oil.
- Stir the almond flour, vegan parmesan, salt, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, crushed Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips and pepper flakes together in a shallow bowl. Place the beaten flax eggs in a second shallow bowl.
- Working in batches, dip the zucchini sticks into the flax eggs, shaking to remove any excess, and roll them in the herbed cheese mixture to coat. Arrange the coated zucchini sticks on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes, turning once halfway.
- Garnish with the parsley and more Smoky Cheeze crushed chips and serve with ketchup or vegan mayo. Enjoy! 💫