Rhubarb Chia Pudding Parfaits
Rhubarb Chia Pudding Parfaits make a delicious spring breakfast, low sugar snack or naturally sweetened dessert option! 💕
Rhubarb has long been one of those illusive ingredients that might not get much play in the kitchen. However, it’s a great “kickoff to spring” ingredient and we love switching up our veggie/fruit game in the mornings.
Rhubarb is one of our star ingredients for this month – it’s a great source of magnesium and dietary fibre (hello happy gut!). They’re also rich in vitamins C, K, potassium, manganese and taste delish in this Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Jam for our chia pudding. Top the parfaits off with our Rawcology Banana with Maca Grain Free Granola for added crunch! 👌🍓🍌
Recipe inspired by @loveandlemons.
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb (about 1 stalk, ends trimmed)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 ½ - 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Coconut cream or coconut yogurt
- Rawcology Banana with Maca Grain Free Granola
- Make the jam. In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer the strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice, and salt for 10 minutes, stirring often so that the fruit doesn't burn to the bottom of the pot. Remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup and chia seeds. Let cool to room temperature, 20 to 30 minutes (the rhubarb will continue to soften). Transfer to a jar and chill for at least an hour.
- Make the chia pudding. Divide the pudding into 2 glass jars, pour in the dairy free milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir, cover, and chill overnight.
- In the morning, assemble chia jars with a generous scoop of the chia jam.
- Enjoy with granola (the crunch is a nice contrast to the soft chia) and either coconut cream or coconut yogurt on top!
Tagged: Breakfasts, Desserts, Snacks