Chickpeas are for way more than just hummus. This Chickpea Flatbread makes for the perfect plant-based meal. Chickpeas are a great source of protein, and we love their versatility. So, if you’re into savoury, fresh, tangy, and crunchy, then this Chickpea Flatbread will hit all your cravings.
- 1 flatbread
- 1 cup crispy chickpeas (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 4 asparagus spears cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup vegan sausage crumble
- 1/4 cup pickled red onion
- Vegan parmesan
- Rawcology Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips
All the above ingredients can be made or store bought for your convenience. Set the oven temperature according to what kind of dough you are using.
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Stretch out the dough onto a pizza stone or pizza pan.
- Spread pesto into an even layer on dough and top with vegan sausage crumble, asparagus, chickpeas and vegan parmesan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until dough is brown and cooked on the bottom.
- Top with pickled onion and Smokey Cheese Coconut Chips.
Tagged: Main Dishes