PB&J Smoothie Bowl
Go Nuts for Peanuts with this classic PB&J Smoothie Bowl filled with healthy fats that provide us with long lasting energy, boosting with flavour, and antioxidant rich goodness. #NationalPeanutButterDay
Why Healthy Fats are Important for Optimal Health
When it comes to dietary fats, it’s the type of fat and the amount consumed that makes a difference. Fats are needed for energy and hormone production, helps your body absorb vital nutrients, cell function, and growth and development. These good fats are known as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. Monounsaturated fat is found in olives, peanut butter, avocados, and nuts, such as almonds, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, and cashews. A good source of polyunsaturated fats can be found in sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed oil, and walnuts. Consuming these unsaturated fats daily helps raise HDL (good) cholesterol levels and excrete excess LDL (bad) cholesterol. Health benefits of unsaturated fats include lowered blood cholesterol levels, reduced inflammation, stabilize heart rhythms, and reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. Incorporating these beneficial fats into your daily diet will supercharge your health.
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 heaping tbsp peanut butter (more for drizzle)
- RAWCOLOGY CHOCOLATE GRANOLA
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave with a tsp of coconut oil to make a drizzle consistency.
- Spoon peanut butter over the smoothie and top with RAWCOLOGY chocolate granola.