Spiced Pear Coffee Cake
Sweeten your afternoons with a hot beverage of your choice and a slice of this spiced pear coffee cake. This cake is perfect for those cooler months. A subtle sweetness with a delicious balance of spices.Ingredients
- 3/4 cup cashew milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cups gf flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp chai spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pear thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup Banana Granola chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp chai spice
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (solid)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cut a round piece of parchment for a 8 inch springform pan. Spray the pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- To a bowl add cashew milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk to combine and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Then, add vanilla, apple sauce, olive oil and coconut sugar. Whisk until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk dry ingredients.
- Add wet to dry and stir until no floury parts remain.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Smooth out the top with spatula and tap the pan firmly on counter to release any potential air bubbles.
- In a separate bowl combine crumb topping. Use your hands to mix the topping together.
- Thinly slice pear using a mandolin or sharp knife. Arrange pear spices on top of batter and then scatter crumb topping over pears.
- Place pan on a baking sheet and slide into the oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack until fully cool and then gently remove the ring.
- Slide the cake onto a serving stand or plate and enjoy when ready!