Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Tahini Sauce
Oh snap! There’s that cool breeze making us crave a warmer, heartier meal and here are some Super Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Tahini Sauce that are sure to satisfy! 🍂
This is a robust recipe that eats like a comfort food meal and feeds like the nutrition of the entire veggie grocery aisle!
Eating lots of different colours and varieties of vegetables is an important aspect of everyone’s healthy eating habits to ensure we get the rainbow of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It is also a great way to boost our immune systems as we hit the cooler months.
- 1 large sweet potato
- ½ block tofu
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch chili flakes
- Pinch salt & cracked pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- ½ red pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 cremini mushrooms
- Handful spinach
- 1 green onion
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prick sweet potato several times, place on a plate and microwave for 7 to 10 minutes or place in preheating over to warm slightly or submerge in a pot of hot water to warm, making the center of the potato easier to scoop out. Let them cool for several minutes before handling.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice potato down the middle and scoop out some of the center. Set aside.
- Press excess water out of tofu, cut into cubes, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan. Add olive oil and chili flakes. Add in mushrooms, red pepper, minced garlic and sauté until veggies start to soften.
- Add in quinoa, tofu, sweet potato flesh and chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Lastly toss in spinach. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle mixture with olive oil.
- Carefully stuff your potato with filling.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with Tahini Sauce and green onion and Enjoy!