Vegan Pad Thai Noodles
We love having a variety of flavours on our menu and incorporating some spice! 🔥
Enter Vegan Pad Thai Noodles here for a round of applause! This is a fun take on Pad Thai with spiralized zucchini noodles, shaved carrot, a healthy helping of spice and tons of fresh herbs to make this recipe a win. Top with some Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips and dinner is done 🌟
- Juice of 1 ½ limes, divided
- 3 tsp coconut sugar, divided
- ⅓ cup tamari
- 2 tsp vegan Korean BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp vegan sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil sub with tahini or avocado oil for sesame free option
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 large carrot, shaved
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 package Thai rice noodles
- 2 green onions chopped
- ½ cup salted, shelled peanuts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds toasted sub with hemp seeds for sesame free option
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs (mint, basil, parsley), roughly chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts sub for hemp hearts for nut free
- Rawcology Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut tofu in half and cover with a kitchen towel and place a heavy pan or pot on top to press out any excess liquid.
- Drizzle tofu with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, turn and bake again for 10 more. Set aside.
- In a small bowl place all ingredients for the sauce together and whisk vigorously. Set aside.
- Boil water and cook noodles according to package. Drain, and rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Spiral zucchini, shave carrot, chop greens onions.
- In the same pot that you cooked noodles, add everything but smoky cheese in, top with sauce and gently toss everything together.
- Finish with nuts of choice or hemp hearts for nut free, herbs, sesame seeds and Smoky Cheeze Coconut Chips.
Tagged: Main Dishes